Best Home Siding for Hot Climates
It’s a beautiful time of the year to be a homeowner! Springtime means warmer weather, blooming flowers, outdoor activities, and weekends in the backyard with your family. However, in just a couple of months, mild spring temps will give way to hotter weather as summer rolls around.
If it feels like the Sahara in your town from May thru September, you need siding that can hold up to your area’s hot climate. The proper house siding not only protects your home outside but also improves climate control inside.
If you’re considering new siding for your home this summer, here are a few of the best options to choose from for hot, humid climates.
Benefits of Choosing the Right Siding for Hot Climates
Protect your home’s structure from moisture: Heat and humidity can lead to the presence of moisture. Over time, this moisture can begin to rot your home’s structure. With the right siding, you can minimize moisture caused by your region’s humid temperatures.
Maintain cooler temps inside: Siding made for hot climates is designed to help keep the heat out of your house. When choosing siding colors, pick a color that reflects heat to minimize heat inside your home.
Keep paint in good condition: Hot, humid weather can fade the paint on your siding and cause peeling over time. By choosing a siding material resistant to hot weather, you can save the paint on your siding and prevent fading and peeling.
If you are already experiencing these hot-weather effects, contact Storm Guard Roofing and Construction today. One of our trained professionals will come to your home and speak with you one-on-one about finding a solution to your hot weather siding problem.
Best Types of Siding for Hot Climates
Fiber Cement Siding
One of the most resilient siding materials on the market, fiber cement is a mixture of wood pulp, sand, and cement. It is known for resisting sand, salt, rot, UV rays, and even insects. Because it is so hardy, it does a great job of resisting high winds, too.
- Reliability – This material is one of the most reliable, resilient siding materials that you can find.
- Versatility – With a plethora of colors and textures, it’s easy to find fiber cement siding that matches the color scheme of your home.
- Fire Resistant – If you live in a hot climate, you know that fires start easily, especially when you haven’t had any rain. Fiber cement siding has fire-resistant properties to help protect your largest investment.
Today’s vinyl siding is one of the most popular, well-rounded options on the market. It is weather-proof, fade-proof, and even keeps pesky insects out year-round. When used with a good protectant, it can withstand UV rays and hot temperatures quite well.
- Water-resistant – Vinyl is a polymer material, meaning it is resistant to water. It does a great job of protecting homes in hot, humid climates like those found in southeastern communities.
- Appearance – If you like to customize the look of your siding, you should consider vinyl. The color combinations and textures are almost endless.
- Budget – Homeowners love vinyl siding because it tends to be cheaper than the alternatives. If you live in a hot climate, be sure to consult with a siding tech from Storm Guard Roofing and Construction, so you know what brand and what protectants you should consider adding to your vinyl siding.
Aluminum siding is a very resilient choice, standing up to most types of weather. Alunimum does not rust, which is great news if you live in a humid, hot environment. During winter months, aluminum does not expand or contract, meaning it retains its finish and shape very well.
- Fire and water resistant – Aluminum is naturally resistant to fire and water, both concerns for homeowners living in dry/hot or hot/humid climates.
- Rot and pest resistant – Since aluminum is not an organic material like you find with wood siding, it is resistant to rotting and to pets like termites.
- Budget – Like vinyl, aluminum is often seen as a well-rounded, viable option for homeowners on a budget. At Storm Guard Roofing and Construction, we would be happy to give you a list of aluminum siding options and pricing.
Your Siding Professionals in Apex, NC
Here’s the good news: If you live in a hot, humid climate, there are many siding options that look great and provide reliable protection for your home and family. Unfortunately, navigating the various siding types, colors, and applications can be daunting.
At Storm Guard Roofing and Construction of Apex NC, our team of highly trained siding professionals are ready to help with all your siding needs. Whether you need to have brand new siding installed on your home or just need an experienced siding technician to help answer questions, we’re only a phone call away!